Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Canada Day and Steveston Salmon Festival

The Steveston Salmon Festival fell in the same Sunday as Canada Day so my family and I went to Steveston, Richmond to take part of the festivities. And what's my default post like when I get lazy? They say a picture paints a thousand words. Teehee!


*Edit: All the pictures were taken by Astrid of Superboink. She always brings her cam despite how heavy it is. Check out her photo blog pixelsandcelluloid.tumblr.com for more beautiful photos!

I just had to say that the ice cream guy looked at me for a good two seconds
after I told him what flavours  I wanted. "Wasabi and Butterscotch, what a combination." He said.
 That was the first time I tried wasabi ice cream and it wasn't bad at all!


Nothing better than messy and tasty pulled pork and slaw bought from the street!


Salmon, the healthier option.





Boats and "pirates" at the Steveston port!






Pirates serenade while everyone else scouts for the perfect seafood for dinner.


An exhibit shows the beauty and craft of boat making.

23 comments:

  1. you should have told him "Wasabe and you."

    ReplyDelete
  2. he was helping his mum and bro so uhmm... wholesome ta. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay I wanna try that wasabi icecream!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that wasabi ice cream looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovethat ice cream..whao wasabi. I haven't tasted that before. The food looks really yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing the festivities in your part of the world :D

    I love salmon! This is such a healthy food loaded with omega.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. omg! how awful of me to forget! my sister astrid took the pictures!

      Delete
  8. Looks like a fun day. Now I want ice cream and crabs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the photos! :D Looks like you really had a fun day. Now I want some ice cream and burgers.. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  10. I havn't tasted a wasabi ice cream yet. Really good photos in here, on big sizes.:-).

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to taste that wasabe ice cream. Hmmm where will I scout for that. Anyway love the pictures of the foods it makes hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I couldn't resist those ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like a good day to celebrate! Yummy food and great time with friends for the Canada Day. My sister is in Canada and I think they celebrated it by fishing with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Belated happy Canada day! Awesome photographs! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It must really have been a fun day, could tell by the photos of ice cream and food :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! looks like a fun event. My sister in law is in Canada and I'm pretty sure that she knows how fun this is.. :)

    Shopaholic Mom

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love to taste that colorful ice creams! I suddenly miss my childhood days.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Belated happy Canada day! Goodness I wanted to try wasabi Ice cream too :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Belated Canada day :D

    (craving to eat ice creams)

    :)

    -- KHIM

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wasabi ice cream, that is new and wanted to try it out too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. yen, you should write more posts!

    ReplyDelete