Saturday, January 14, 2012

A Letter of Intent to the Universe

I can be New Age-y but the title is inspired by an actual letter of intent for a university program. I need to submit  a letter indicating why I want to be in that program, what my plans are and what experiences I have had will contribute to my success. This is going to be another spot the metaphor or elaborate on the obvious metaphor type of entry. It's so easy to be receptive to signs and symbols when I'm down but maybe it's also because I am subconsciously alert. Alert to anything that will make this search a little more promising.

Five lines into this entry, I am self-criticizing, crippling the girl who just wants to express her feelings. Maybe my first intent then is to stop and relax. So Universe, I intend to let go and just be.

Then soon, I will learn not to brush accomplishments off and treat blessings as though they are not well-deserved. I intend to always be grateful. There is so much to celebrate and so I intend for this blog to be a place for remembering celebrations and finding my happy place.

1 comment:

  1. yen! i am so happy to find you here! your first entry and i'm already big fan! more, more, more!!

    ReplyDelete