Thursday, February 23, 2012

Keeping Fit: Taking It From Michelle Obama

I was watching ET a few days ago and Michelle Obama was being interviewed about her dedication to keeping American children fit. Now, I'm a small girl who can eat a lot but not gain weight which may sound quite nice and rosy until the question of health and fitness comes up. I'm not very lithe nor flexible. I can't seem to find the energy to do things. In other words, I may be thin but definitely not fit.
So what did I learn from the First Lady that I was so psyched about? It was really just a simple tip. She was asked how she kept fit with all the travelling that they do. Well, apparently Mrs. Obama had already had her workout that morning because she brought a jump rope. My gosh! Really? I don't know but I just loved the simplicity of the idea. I keep cancelling my plans to go to the Y (YMCA/gym/activity center) because it is always so cold and wet here . The sun is gold. What a great great great idea!


 

Teehee. Yep, that's really just about it. I bought myself a jump rope from the dollar store yesterday. Let's see how many jumps I can make today. Maybe by the end of the month, I'll be fit enough to hike a mountain. Hiking in Mt. Pulag, Philippines will most likely prove to be a much more interesting blog entry but til then, jump jump jump...

No comments:

Post a Comment